Podcast Episode 2: My College Experience
Can we just talk about how much pressure it is for high schoolers to decide on their college of choice and their career? Luckily for me, when I was at that age I had it completely figured out, I knew that I wanted to work in the fashion industry.
On today’s episode, I chat with you about my college experience and the internships that I had while attending school. I share what my internships were like and what they have taught me that I still apply to my business today. I also share why you should never stop learning and how there is always room for more growth. If you aren’t sure of the answer to something, go ahead and try to figure it out - what’s worked for somebody else, may not work for you but you can learn so much by just taking action.
What’s in this episode:
- How hard it is to decide on your college and career
- Her eagerness to get started with her career
- Meeting with her college advisor
- Interning with Tommy Hilfiger
- How shes applied what she’s learned from internships into her business
- What she realized during her internship with Marchesa
- Her internship with Fendi in public relations
- Treating people with respect no matter how high up you are in a company
- Her favorite internship experience
- Learning about the buying process and attending NY Fashion Week
- Her internship experiences and what they taught her about the industry
I am so glad you decided to tune in today. Continue to follow along my journey as a wife, a mama, and a girl boss by connecting with me on my website, Instagram or Facebook. You can also check out my personal Instagram to get a behind the scenes look at my life. If you want to hear more about my journey in the fashion industry, I’d encourage you to subscribe so we can continue to get to know each other.